Undergrad major

by Carolina
(San Diego,CA )

I have a question for SLP’s, is it possible to major in human development during your undergrad years and still be eligible to apply to grad school? I have 2 options at the moment. One is to major in speech,language, and hearing sciences at SDSU and the other is to major in human development at UCSD. I know SDSU seems like the best choice but I may be awarded with a full scholarship at UCSD.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Carolina E.

Comments for Undergrad major

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 08, 2020
Not Sure
by: Bridget

Ugh! That is a tough one. School debt is no joke so a full ride is very tempting. I would contact a grad school that you may apply to down the road and ask them. Maybe you can major in human development and make sure you take the pre-requisite courses needed for grad school.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Speech Therapy Questions and Answers.

Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech-language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference. Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!

Author of  child language development eBook series