At this level, you are going to teach your child how to say B correctly. Use all the information you learned in How to Say F to make this process easier.
We are going to teach your child the F sound using a mirror. This technique works well for most children. If your child is distracted by the mirror, remove it. You can follow each step simply by looking at each other.
A mirror, preferably a slightly big mirror such a floor mirror
How to do activity:
1. Sit down at a table with your child. Get out a portable mirror. If you don't have one, go into the bathroom and use the bathroom mirror.
2. Talk about how your teeth rest on your bottom lip when saying F. Demonstrate this and have your child try it.
3. Now, with teeth resting on your bottom lip, blow air gently. Have your child imitate you.
4. Talk about how it feels and practice this for a few turns.
5. Once your child has mastered this position, move on to practicing F within a syllable such as "fa," "fee," "if," or "uf." Use the mirror at the beginning of practice to help your child learn the correct positioning.
Once your child can say F, move on!
When your child can say J correctly, move on to the word level. Don't spend too much time here!
If you would like to cancel your subscription, you may do so at any time. Click the button below.