At this level, you are going to teach your child how to say B correctly. Use all the information you learned in how to say B to make this process easier.
Teach B With a Mirror
You are going to teach your child the B sound using a mirror. This technique works well for most children. If your child is distracted by the mirror, remove it. You can follow each step simply by looking at each other.
B is a visual sound which means that your child can easily see how to say it by looking at you. Therefore, bring attention to your face as much as possible during these practices.
Materials: A mirror, preferably a slightly big mirror such a floor mirror
How to do activity:
- Get down to the level of your child. This may even include the floor!
- Look into the mirror with your child.
- First get your child interested in the activity by being silly (if needed)! A few tips include kissing the mirror, making silly faces, or touching the mirror.
- Next, work on imitating. Make a gesture of any kind and have your child imitate. Once imitation occurs, you can work on syllables!
- Now that your child is imitating you, smack your lips together and have your child repeat. Then, move on to "ba." Once your child says "ba," congratulate him or her for saying the B sound the good way.
- Try a few different syllables such as "ba," "bee," or "boo."
- Say the syllable with an exaggerated face and have your child repeat.
- Cover syllables with B in the beginning, middle, and end.
- Bring attention to your lips when possible. I like to point.
- Exaggerate your lips when you make the B sound
- Make it fun!
- Once your child can say B, move on!
When your child is saying B right most of the time, about 50%, quickly move on to the Drill Practice & Flashcard Games at the word level! Don't spend too much time here.
B Home Page
If you would like to cancel your subscription, you may do so at any time. Click the button below.