Speech Therapy Grammar Activities
Strong grammar skills are crucial for reading, writing, speaking, and understanding. I will show you how easy it can be to teach these skills with these speech therapy grammar activities.
When I say grammar, I am referring to
- Sentence structure
For more information on all the areas of language development, including grammar, please refer to our development page.
Then come back here for grammar games.
Speech Therapy Grammar Games
Below are the speech therapy grammar games. We have free and paid materials.
Grammar Games for Toddlers
- Targets grammar through PLAY
- Toddlers learn best through play not worksheets
- Worksheets at a young age are useless... throw them out
- Learn how to target grammar skills through play
- Learn which grammar skills are expected by each age
- As your child gains a certain skill, you will have materials to move on to the next skill
Preschool Talk 2.0
- By preschool, grammar skills should be almost "adult-like"
- Use worksheets and games to target grammar skills for 3-6 year olds
Free Sample of Membership's Sentence Scramble
I created some Google Slide decks that target a variety of grammar goals. As part of the membership, I have decks that target:
- Present progressive
- Present progressive plus direct object
- Regular past tense
- 3rd personal singular
- 3rd person plural
- Irregular past tense
- Irregular past tense plus direct object
- Regular past tense
- Regular past tense plus direct object
To use thee slides, you must be in be in EDIT MODE!
When you click on the link, it will prompt you to "make a copy." Please do that since you must be in EDIT MODE to unscramble the sentences.
FREE SAMPLE LINK
Want Access To All The Slides?
If you want access to all the slides, you will need to join our AFFORABLE membership program.
Read more about it here.
Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech-language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference. Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!
Author of child language development eBook series