Articulation practice can be tedious and require lots of preparation (both of my least favorite things). Finding good or any, for that matter, Spanish articulation materials is tough. So, per usual, I had to make my own :).
To help alleviate some of that work, stress, and lack of materials, we created 60 pages of FUN, ENGAGING, and VERSATILE Spanish articulation smash mats!
This Articulation Smash Mats Packet Includes:
- Articulation smash mats for: B, CH, D, F, G, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T
- There articulation mats for the initial and medial position and final position (when applicable)
- There is one smash mat for each sound which combines all word positions
- There are game boards for the all sounds listed above
Speech Therapy Practice Ideas
Of course, you can use these smash mats any way you see fit; however, I want to share some of my favorite therapy ideas using these Spanish articulation smash mats for both articulation AND language practice.
Hint..hint...there are more uses than just naming pictures!
Hint...hint...they are the same as our English smash mats too!
*I recommend that you print and laminate each needed page so they can be reused over and over again (save time, money, and trees!)
- Have a child name a picture (word level practice) and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child point a picture, say it, and then, make up a sentence using the chosen word (sentence level practice). After, the child places a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child pick two pictures and make up a sentence using both words (sentence level practice and language practice).
- Pick a favorite picture or least favorite picture and explain why (connected speech level practice).
- Print off a game board and find a coin (heads is 1/tails is 2) or a dice and 2 tokens. Roll the coin/dice. Move a token along the game board and name pictures as you pass them. The first one to reach the finish line wins.
Language Practice Ideas
- Have a child name a function or category of a picture (word level practice) and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child describe a picture and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child find 2 pictures that are related, describe why, and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation)
- Have a child pick an action, place, and character picture and make up a story about them (narrative language practice).
How To Access Smash Mats
If you are a member of Speech Therapy Talk, then simply login and click on articulation worksheets.
If you are not a member and want to try it out for FREE, click here for more information.
Otherwise, these 60 pages of Spanish articulation smash mats and board games are only $10.00!! To buy them, simply add them to your cart, purchase them, and you will have them sent to your email immediately!
More Spanish Materials
As part of our membership program, we have even more Spanish articulation materials.
We also have generalization, teaching cues, handouts and more for the following sounds:
Spanish Smash Mats
Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference. Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!
Author of child language development eBook series