Late Talker Therapy Activities
This is the place for all late talker therapy activities that can be used at home or during speech therapy.
Late Talker Therapy Activities
Before we jumped into all the materials, I need to review my therapy process for designing late talker resources.
All of my late talker therapy activities are:
Let's Get Started
If you are new, please review
These are a MUST read. Please do that and then come back.
See you in a few minutes....
Okay, now you now how to talk and play with your toddler the speech therapy way.
On to the games!
We are ready to get to the good stuff. Please explore the following pages to find ways to support your late talker in therapy or at home. These pages are great for both professionals and parents.
- Top late talker games: Great for encouraging those first words
- Reading To Toddlers: Read is one of the BEST ways to develop language
- Free eBook on How to Read to Toddler: Learn more techniques here
- Toddler Talk 2.0: This is our most popular eBook. For only $19.99, you will learn invaluable techniques and functional games
- Vocabulary Games: Read about some of my favorite functional vocabulary games.
If you are a bilingual family and have a late talker, I feel your pain. I was in your shoes a few short years ago.
Read about my personal tips at:
One of my children was a late talker and it was TOUGH! You can read more about my personal experience here.
He is doing better but I do have to monitor his speech and language development since children who are late talkers have a high risk of developing a language disorder.
How To Really BOOST your child's development
For those parents who really want to "attack" this late talker thing, we have 2 options for you!
Toddler Talk 2.0: Techniques & Games is our MOST popular eBook for many reasons including its ability to:
- Empower parents to be the catalyst of change for their child!
- Provide professionals with parent handouts & therapy ideas
- Encourage first words without stress and tears!
- Use only research proven, FUNCTIONAL therapy ideas
- Help children build life-changing language skills needed for social and academic development
Speech Therapy Talk Membership
- Access to hundreds of pages of materials for articulation and language
- Login from any device and start practicing
- "How to" guides for articulation therapy for ALL sounds
- Functional language games
- Complete ENGLISH and SPANISH articulation program
- Tailored activities for all developmental speech & language milestones
- Continually updated with new material
- Access to our private Speech Therapy Talk Members Facebook group. Talk with other parents, share ideas, read about the latest activities, and ask us, the experts, for information and advice!
- It only costs $5.99 per month!
Of course, if you are concerned about your child, please contact us for a free consultation or to schedule an evaluation or therapy. If you are not in the Chicago area, click here to find a speech language pathologist near you.
If you want more technical information on late talkers and langauge development, please refer to
Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference. Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!
Author of child language development eBook series