Articulation Smash Mats
Articulation practice can be tedious and require lots of preparation (both of my least favorite things).
To help alleviate some of that work and stress, I created 100 pages of FUN, ENGAGING, and VERSATILE articulation smash mats - for all sounds!
This Articulation Smash Mats Packet Includes:
- Articulation smash mats for: B, D, CH, F, G, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, SH, T, TH, V, Z
- There are articulation mats for the initial, medial, and final word position
- There is one smash mat for each sound which combines all word positions
- There are game boards for all sounds listed above
Speech Therapy Practice Ideas
Of course, you can use these smash mats any way you see fit; however, I want to share some of my favorite therapy ideas using these articulation smash mats for both articulation AND language practice.
Hint..hint...there are more uses than just naming pictures!
*I recommend that you print and laminate each needed page so they can be reused over and over again (save time, money, and trees!)
- Have a child name a picture (word level practice) and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child point a picture, say it, and then, make up a sentence using the chosen word (sentence level practice). After, the child places a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child pick two pictures and make up a sentence using both words (sentence level practice and language practice).
- Pick a favorite or least favorite picture and explain why (connected speech level practice).
- Print off a game board and find a coin (heads is 1/tails is 2) or a dice and 2 tokens. Roll the coin/dice. Move a token along the game board and name pictures as you pass them. The first one to reach the finish line wins.
Language Practice Ideas
- Have a child name a function or category of a picture (word level practice) and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child describe a picture and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Have a child find 2 pictures that are related, describe why, and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation)
- Have a child pick an action, place, and character picture and make up a story about them (narrative language practice).
How To Access Smash Mats
If you are a member of Speech Therapy Talk, then simply login and click on articulation worksheets.
Otherwise, these 100 pages of articulation smash mats and board games are only $12.00!! To buy them, simply add them to your cart, purchase them, and you will have them sent to your email immediately!
More Articulation Tools
As part of our membership program, we have even more articulation materials.
Other Pages You May Like
Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference. Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!
Author of child language development eBook series