|Back to Back Issues Page|
FREE Artic Flashcards & Get To Know ME
April 27, 2020
About Me & Flashcards
10 things you don’t know about me
To welcome my new readers, I thought I would do something fun today so you guys can get to know me a bit. Don’t worry there is free stuff in this email too. If you are in a hurry, just scroll on down :)
1. My true passion in life is mountain biking. For those who do know me personally, you know this tidbit I’m about to reveal since I share it as much as humanly possible. (Drumroll please….) I qualified to try out for the Olympics for mountain biking about 7 years ago!!! However, I got pregnant around that time (also pretty amazing) and that was that. Though I do love to brag about this and that might be enough.
2. Before this current crisis, I thought I got bored easily. I have had MANY jobs (most due to moving and marriage) but still! I changed jobs almost every 2-3 years in VERY DIFFERENT settings from acute care to middle school to nursing homes to inpatient rehab. However, I just realized this week that I LOVE to learn new things. That is what excites me and why I am loving teletherapy at the moment. It is another skill to learn.
3. When I was in grad school, I only wanted to work with adults in acute care. I focused only on this in grad school and worked in this setting for many years. Though I did love aphasia and dysphagia, my entire career changed when I had to work in outpatient pediatric rehab. The rest was history.
4. I love my minivan (seriously) and I think I will own a minivan long after my kids have grown. You can fit almost anything you need in there (including bikes!). Sliding doors...need I say more.
5. I strongly dislike social media. I appreciate the benefits it does provide, but I was happier before it.
6. This you may have realized - I make A LOT of grammar mistakes when typing or writing. This has been going on all my life and has driven my mother, teachers, and professors crazy. I have tried every trick in the book, but I just can’t kick it. I can teach grammar and correct others but not myself - diagnosis me, please.
7. My other true passion is jigsaw puzzles. Once I start, I can’t stop. Hours will pass by. I even dream of the puzzles until they are done.
8. I have never tried chocolate milk. I have nothing against chocolate milk. My kids even drink chocolate milk on occasion, but I won’t just because then I wouldn’t be able to say “I have never tried chocolate milk.”
9. My husband is from Colombia. We are raising our children to speak both Spanish and English. I am fascinated by this and love watching it unfold.
10. I am a VERY optimistic, happy, glass-half-full kind of person. I love helping others. I am glad you are here!
Free Articulation FlashcardsI have been adding more Google Slides Flashcards and trying to make the more cute. Grab your free copy by clicking the link below.
CH Final In Google Slides
Just in case you missed the other free stuff from last week, just click this link: Free Artic Teletherapy Materials
I have uploaded more sounds for the hidden pictures and dot/spinner sheets. I have also finished more articulation flashcards and some "fancy" cluster reduction "decks."
Be on the look out for something FUN in PowerPoint later this week.
Google Slides Flashcards
Access Materials Here
Artic Materials: Slides and Powerpoints
Join Membership SiteIf you want to become a member and access all these materials, click the link below.
Read About Membership Here
Keep In Touch!
|Back to Back Issues Page|