My husband and I have been busy creating these speech therapy Spanish flashcards. We have FINALLY completed it and I'm happy to share them with you!
I've been trying to find EASY ways to support my bilingual student's home language, improve generalization of speech and language skills to everyday speech, and create a bilingual home program!
I want to be a good speech therapist and I KNOW the importance of daily, home practice. However, there are some days, I'm lucky to even get a shower. At this point in my life, I need things to be easy, efficient, and research proven.
These 57 pages of flashcards can be used for just that! All of the flashcards are complied into one PDF document that you can download and access at any time. For more details, keep reading.
What's Included (Brief Overview):
- Blank homework sheets that you can fill out for home practice
- An articulation "Parent's Cheat Sheet" translated in Spanish
- 14 flashcard games that can be individually printed and sent home in conjuction with flashcards of each targeted sounds
- 16 colorful flashcards for each sound for each sound position in word (initial, medial, and final) position
- The following sounds are included: B, D, F, G, K, L, M, N, P, R, S T, CH
How To Use Speech Therapy Spanish Flashcards:
Well if you are a Spanish speaking SLP working with Spanish speaking children, let's not be absurd! You know what to do ;)!
If you are an English speaking SLP working with Spanish speaking children and want to support their home language, I have a few ideas!
You can use these flashcards for home articulation practice as well as language development!
There are 3 main sections:
The first section includes a blank homework sheet and a brief explanation of how articulation practice work.
- The information in this file will help your parents learn the basics of articulation practice and how to target sounds at home. At the beginning for therapy, I give the parents a copy the articulation cheat sheet and keep it in their homework folder. Their is an English translation for those who don't speak Spanish!
The second section includes 14 general flashcard games
- There are 14 flashcard games for children as young as 18 months of age and as old as late elementary school.
- Some games are very common such as matching and some are my own creations.
- All are fun, easy to understand, and functional!
- Each game has word, sentences, and conversational level practice ideas!
- When I give parents flashcards to practice at home, I fill out the homework sheet and indicate which level of practice the child is at such as word, sentence, or conversational level of practice.
- Then, I print and attach a flashcard game, and again, circle the level of practice.
- That's it! Home practice for the week is ready to go!
The third section includes all the speech therapy Spanish flashcards
- There are 12 pictures for each sound for each sound positions
- All together, there are 57 pages of flashcards
- The flashcards can be used for drill practice (there are check boxes to track practice at home), flashcard games, and more!
How to Buy Them:
These flashcards are available for purchase on this site through Paypal for $19.99! No middleman!! Let's support small businesses here :)
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are here to help guide you to the resources you need.
Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference.
Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!
Author of child language development eBook series