W Word List
Below you will find word lists that you can use to make flashcards, stimuli for an articulation game, quick practice at home, etc...I have provided the word lists in 3 different formats:
- First, there is a word list for quick viewing
- Next, I shared a link for a Google document with the word list
- Last, I provided ideas for articulation practice that require NO flashcards or word lists. This is the most functional option and appropriate for children who are working on carry over.
Enjoy the FREE materials!!!
Quick View Word List
Google Drive Word List
I LOVE Google documents. I can access my word lists from any device; laptop, desktop, phone, Ipad.....anything! I no longer have to remember which app is on which device to access all my files and materials.
Click Here: W Word List
- If you need help saving your word list to your Google Drive, click here: Save Google Document
- If you want more information on how to use all the great stuff Google Drive or Google documents offers, click here: Google Help
- If you LOVE Google Drive as much as I do, check out our Speech Therapy Documentation Page. It has been a time saver for my work in schools as well as private practice.
Articulation Games for W
Take turns with your child saying the desired words. It is important to practice hearing as well as saying the words.
- Wagon - Say "wagon" as you put toys in a wagon
- Wheel - Say "wheel" as you spin wheels on a car
- Watch - Say "watch" as you put on and take off a watch
- Towel - Say "towel" as you dry off after a bath
- Flower - Say "flower" as you pick flowers
How To Say W
Say "w" while rounding your lips and blowing air
If you have any concerns, please contact a local speech language pathologist for a consultation.
Bridget is an ASHA certified, practicing speech language pathologist. She is passionate about providing parents with information on child speech and language development as well as provide functional, easy activities to do at home! Parents have the power to make a real difference.
Follow Bridget at Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!